Reporting into: Business Unit Director
As our Account Director, you will:
- Ensure that clients are happy with the agency’s performance and describe its output as a positive contribution to their business.
- Proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders within the client organisation and seek opportunities to strengthen new relationships.
- Identify, understand and successfully navigate the client’s corporate culture.
- Promote the agency’s work and successes within the client’s organisation, in weekly and monthly report-back sessions, and at every other opportunity as dictated by the nature of the business.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the clients’ business, strategy, priorities and industry trends.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital marketing, incorporating areas of MarTech, and its positioning within the digital ecosystem
- Present and “sell” great ideas to the client.
- Thoroughly understand the agency revenue and profitability model for your client portfolio.
- Prepare and present account reviews and monthly forecasts.
- Demonstrate sound financial acumen and monitor billings, income and monthly costs to ensure that gross profit targets are met.
- Keep an accurate record of time spent on client work via timesheets and monitor resource usage against budget to ensure operational efficiency targets are met.
- Actively seek opportunities to grow client revenue sustainably through new projects, additions to the retainer or peripheral opportunities.
- Ensure cost estimates are accurate and sent to client, for all approved retainer fees and projects.
- Meet with the finance team at least once a month to review outstanding cost estimates, purchase orders, invoices and payments.
- Follow-up with clients on outstanding purchase orders to ensure they can be invoiced at the end of each relevant month.
- Follow-up with clients on outstanding invoice payments and flag overdue payments to the Business Unit Director
- Remain curious
- Be an ambassador and an example to the client service team
- Champion our company culture.
As an Account Director, you have:
- No less than 5 years’ experience at a digital agency
- Worked with a development team before
- No less than 5 years’ experience in a client service account or project management role
- Worked on a project management tool such as CHASE, Workbook, Wrike, MS projects or similar
- Ideally been in a Senior Account Manager or Account Director role for no less than 12 months
- A degree or equivalent with a speciality in Marketing and Advertising
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adapt to different audiences
- Team player
- Creative thinker
- Critical thinker
If this sounds like something that you can do please send your CV to email@example.com with Account Director in the subject line. Please do not send any additional documentation.
Please note we reserve the right to freeze or not hire in the role.
Should you not receive a response from us within three weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful